Our Customers’ Needs Are Changing
With all the changes going on in our world, customers’ needs seem to change as well. In a recent customer satisfaction survey regarding customer service, we found many interesting changes in what people what.
Customer service has quickly risen to the top of the priority list for consumers, and 2021 will be no exception. But why are so many businesses putting a premium on the consumer experience, and what happens if they don’t?
A customers’ loyalty is no longer based on price or product. Instead, they remain loyal to businesses because of the experiences they have had with them.
Customers want to have a place to get all their insurance fulfilled at one time.
Top Consumer Priority
- Customer experience 46%
- Pricing 21%
- Product 33%
The survey found that 86% of consumers are willing to pay more for a better customer experience. How we define customer service:
- We educate rather than sell.
- Seeking alternatives to insurance is always an option.
- Giving our clients many ways to communicate with us is a priority.
- We develop relationships.
- Insurance should be one of many solutions to your risk concerns, not just a product
- Trust is one of the few remaining differentiators available to the modern insurer. Not only that, but it’s still the biggest indicator of a long-term sustainable business.
Our Insurance Solutions Reflect The Changing Needs Of Our Clients
If you drive your personally owned auto for a ride share company, or even a pizza delivery company, your personal auto insurance will not provide the coverage you need, should you be involved in an accident. Rideshare” services that compete with taxis and more traditional car transport services. These companies do not own or operate their cars and do not hire their drivers directly. Drivers are independent contractors who drive their own vehicles to pick up and drop off customers. Here are two big coverage gaps:
- Your personal auto insurance policy excludes liability for hauling others for a fee.
- These rideshare companies also require liability limits above the state minimums.
There are a number of insurance companies now offering specific auto insurance coverage for ridesharing risks.
Here are a few tips for rideshare drivers.
- Purchase a separate policy with at least a $1,000,000 limit.
- Read any, and all, agreements so you know what your responsibilities are.
- Keep your vehicle in good working condition.
Rental Property Risks
Many people are using home renting sites. While this may be a great way to find a vacation rental, it could pose issues if you rent out your primary home, condominium, or apartment to others for a fee. It may be wise to read through this, and a related article, before you rent out your primary residence.
- Your homeowner’s, renter’s or condominium insurance most likely will not provide coverage if you rent out your residence. So, if the renter damages your property or burns your home down, you will be uninsured under your homeowner’s policy.
- These sites say they offer some level of insurance, but it is usually secondary to your policy, and most likely will not respond.
- Read your lease or rental agreement; many of these prohibit sub-leasing.
- It may actually be illegal in your city to rent out your residence on a short term basis. Check the zoning laws in your community. If you live in an area with a community association, there may also be regulations to consider.
- By placing pictures of your primary home online you may open yourself up to loss of privacy.
One final thought, you could also create increased liability if the renter somehow damages your neighbor’s property or injures a third party on your property.
San Diego Homeowners benefit from McCormick Insurance with:
- FREE rate quotes from up to 40 nationally known homeowners insurance carriers (e.g., Mercury, Travelers, Safeco, etc.) with A.M. Best ratings of “A” or better
- Online access to your homeowners or renters insurance policy
- Additional savings on insurance for your auto, RV or watercraft—even life insurance!
- Personalized help via phone anytime you need it via (619) 276-0492
- In-person consultations at our San Diego Bay Park office (across from Mission Bay Park)
- Ability to buy Mexico auto insurance and print it before heading south of the border
The insurance industry will respond over time to the sharing economy, but in the meantime, there are limitations and restrictions in your current homeowner’s insurance policies of which you need to be aware.
McCormick Insurance Solutions. San Diego Insurance Broker Auto, Home, Life and Commercial Insurance and Surety Bonds. Insurance license number 0D95593. 619-276-0492 1437 Morena Bl Suite 201, San Diego CA, 92110 USA