San Diego Commercial Auto Insurance – San Diego Commercial General Liability Insurance
San Diego Commercial Auto Insurance and General Liability Insurance from McCormick Insurance – Call now for a quote 619-276-0492.
Or you can email Wayne McCormick at [email protected].
San Diego Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto liability insurance is mandatory in all U.S. states. Getting the right amount of liability protection in place will help you to protect your assets in the event of an accident. It is essential to know that your personal auto insurance won’t cover your vehicles for business use. So, whether your business has one vehicle or a fleet of buses, vans, or dump trucks, be sure to get adequate commercial auto liability coverage. Your business is liable for accidents that you or your employees may cause; liability insurance will protect your company from a resulting liability claim or lawsuit.
Do you operate a business that requires you to have a vehicle to deliver your goods and services to your clients? Do you have a fleet of delivery trucks that are on the road 24/7? Small firms that own or operate vehicles have the same risks as large firms. You are at risk of losses arising out of accidents that can damage your vehicles and cause injury to third parties and employees.
Not all insurance companies offer commercial vehicle insurance. Some companies that specialize in auto coverage have a separate division that handles heavy vehicle insurance underwriting. Often, you can consult with your agent who can inform you of their coverage availability, or refer you to another insurer who may be able to handle your commercial needs.
Some of the requirements for getting coverage on these larger vehicles can include specialized driver training requirements as defined by the state of California. Often drivers must have a special endorsement or license to drive such vehicles. Regular inspections are usually mandatory for such vehicles as well, to help maintain safety on the road. It is not uncommon to see random inspection points set up across the state to do spot checks of commercial trucks and other vehicles.
Commercial Auto Insurance can provide your firm with security and protection from devastating liability claims arising from an accident involving your vehicle. Commercial Auto Insurance is usually offered on vehicles owned by a business and can include:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Coverage for damages that involve bodily injury to third parties for which you become legally liable under the law.
- Property Damage Liability – Coverage for damage to the property of others.
- Medical Payments – Coverage for reasonable and necessary medical expenses for those who are accidentally injured while in your automobile or while getting in or out of your automobile.
- Personal Injury Protection – Coverage for medical, hospital, rehabilitation, loss of wages, or loss of services costs resulting from injury to you or any guest injured while in the vehicle.
- Comprehensive – Protection for the loss of, or damage to, your vehicle and its equipment from all causes except collision, subject to the terms and conditions on the policy.
- Collision – Protection for the collision damage to your automobile and its equipment, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
- Uninsured Motorist – Coverage allows you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party does not have insurance and is legally liable.
- Underinsured Motorist – Coverage will enable you to recover bodily injury damages due to an accident where the other party is found legally liable and does not have adequate liability limits.
- Hired Auto Liability Coverage – Covers liability for automobiles hired under contract on behalf of, or loaned to, the named insured.
Sampling of commercial auto insurance classes we are very competitive with:
- General Contractor – Residential
- General Contractor – Commercial
- Electrical Contractor
- Plumbing Contractor
- Construction – Residential
- HVAC Technician
- Construction – General Trade
- Contractor – Electrical
- Wholesale Trade
- Construction – Commercial
- Contractor – Residential
- Janitor or Janitorial
- Contractor – Home Improvement
- Tile Installation
- Swimming Pool Cleaning
- Painting Contractor
- Contractor – Plumbing
- Property Management
- Floor Installation
- Nursery – Flower & Garden
- Retail – General
- Carpet Cleaning
- Pest Control
- Pool Cleaner
- Food Truck
- Tree Service
How To Lower Your Commercial Auto Expenses
There are a lot of credits that you can potentially help you save a lot of money on your commercial auto insurance policy. Here a number of credits that might discount your insurance premiums on your policy:
- Experience: Longer tenured management teams tend to produce more stability and more favorable loss results.
- Safety Program Supervisor Accountability: Businesses that employ a safety supervisor generally produce more favorable loss prevention.
- Loss Prevention Attitude Toward Safety: Businesses with a formal safety program generally have more favorable loss prevention results.
- MVR Program: Businesses that routinely verify MVR’s and set standards for acceptability may be eligible for a credit.
- Hiring Practices: Hiring practices that include pre-employment screening including MVR verification and road tests, may qualify for a premium credit.
- Training: Businesses that have a driver training program that includes periodic continuing in-service training and evaluation may be eligible for additional premium credit.
- Stability/Turnover/Experience: Businesses with a demonstrated lower than normal employee turnover rate comparable to similar business entities may be eligible for additional premium credit.
Premises and Equipment
- Extent of Hazards: Businesses with low risk factors that meet all underwriting qualifications for acceptability may be eligible for an additional premium credit.
- Maintenance and Condition: Businesses with a vehicle maintenance program may qualify for additional premium credit.
- Vehicle Use Policy: Businesses that limit employee or family member personal usage of company vehicles may be eligible for additional premium credit.
- Traffic Control: Businesses that implement premises and job site traffic control procedures that effectively reduce accident potential while vehicles are being loaded, unloaded, etc. may be eligible for additional premium credit.
- Control of Hazards: Businesses having a safety and loss prevention proactive attitude towards hazard control that may include the employment of a safety director, could be eligible for additional credit.
- Garaging and Protection of Parked Vehicles: Businesses that provide for the secure garaging and protection of company vehicles or adequate lighting in fenced parking lots may be eligible for additional credit
- Safety Self-Inspection: Businesses that require drivers to perform routine assigned vehicle inspections may qualify for additional premium credit.
- Accident/Violation Reviews: Businesses that perform accident investigations and hold employees accountable for violations and accidents may qualify for additional premium credit.
- Meetings/Rewards/Penalties: Businesses that conduct periodic safety meetings, that make safety literature available to drivers, and reward good drivers and penalize problem drivers may qualify for additional premium credit.
- Use module deceives in your commercial vehicle that can monitor driver performance. Provide feedback to drivers and create a reward system for better and safer drivers.
We have years of experience and significant knowledge and understanding relating to the commercial auto insurance industry.
We know how to develop and maintain insurance and risk management programs that are comprehensive and cost-effective.
Dedicated service and knowledge have kept our clients feeling secure about who is handling their insurance needs. We know that different businesses have different commercial vehicle insurance needs. By offering flexible policies from various insurance carriers, we provide you with the assurance that your policies are the best available in today’s market.
As a business owner, you have enough on your mind without having to worry about your insurance needs. You want to have the confidence that the business you’ve built is covered by a company that understands your business insurance needs.
Commercial business insurance provides wide-ranging protection for businesses and their subsidiaries under a single policy. There are various types of commercial business insurance that takes care of property, liability and workers’ compensation, to name a few. While property insurance covers damages to business property and products stored within the premises; liability insurance provides coverage for damages to third parties; and commercial auto insurance covers your vehicles.
Commercial business insurance is an important aspect of any business that cannot be ignored especially if the business premises are leased or rented and even otherwise. Whatever your commercial insurance needs, we can design a protection program that’s right for you.
Our Commercial Auto Rates and Commercial Apartment Building rates are among the most competitive in California.
Call now for a free quote: 619-276-0492