Every year, there are about 6 million car accidents in the US. Because you depend on other drivers and your surroundings to work together, driving is risky, and accidents can happen even if you do nothing wrong. Because of this, it’s crucial to be ready for the worst when you’re driving. Auto insurance becomes important in this situation.
In every state but New Hampshire and Virginia, drivers must have liability insurance. Each state has a different minimum level of bodily injury and property damage insurance coverage that must be maintained to legally operate a car. If you drive without insurance, your license may be suspended or subject to fines.
Do You Need Collision and Comprehensive Coverage on My Car?
Both comprehensive and collision insurance protect against some of the costs associated with fixing or replacing your car. While such insurance is typically not needed by law, a lender may insist on it if you are financing or leasing your car. Depending on a few variables, including where you reside, the value of your automobile, and your financial situation, you may or may not require comprehensive collision coverage.
We recommend This kind of coverage as the cost is very competitive.
Common Types of Auto Insurance
Liability; Pays for other people’s expenses after an accident. Required in nearly every state.
Collision: Covers the cost of repairing or replacing the policyholder’s vehicle following an accident, regardless of fault. Only for leased or financed vehicles.
Comprehensive coverage protects the policyholder’s vehicle from damage caused by causes other than an accident.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Covers vehicle damage and medical expenses after an accident with an uninsured/underinsured driver.
Medical payments: Pays for the policyholder’s direct and indirect medical expenses after an accident.
Five Reasons To Buy Auto Insurance
- If you cause an accident, your auto insurance will pay for it. One of the most distressing things that may happen to a motorist is causing an accident. When you are at fault, you are liable for the expenses. No matter who was at fault, certain insurance policies, such as collision coverage or personal injury protection, typically cover expenditures.
- Your possessions are protected by auto insurance. If you don’t have automobile insurance and get into an accident, you’ll have to pay out of pocket. That might be a sizable sum of money, depending on the accident.
- Damages resulting from “acts of God” are assisted by auto insurance. Insurance is useful at all times, not only after incidents. Your car could be harmed by weather conditions, including hail, ice storms, wildfires, and more. When an incident occurs where neither you nor another driver is at fault, comprehensive coverage typically covers what businesses refer to as “acts of God.” Should your car be stolen or damaged, this kind of coverage is also crucial. The policy may even cover items that were taken from or destroyed in your automobile.
- Passengers are protected by auto insurance. Insurance should cover any injuries suffered by passengers in an automobile accident. Third-party liability is intended to defend any other individuals engaged in the collision, as we previously indicated.
- Everyone benefits from it. The final reason you need car insurance is that it gives everyone peace of mind. How would you feel knowing that every time you left the house, you could be hit by another driver and left with $50,000 in bills until the other driver paid you back?
This information is informational only, and your actual policy terms will govern all claims settlements.
Lower Your Rate on Auto Insurance in San Diego
It’s easy to save on car insurance in San Diego. Just call (619) 276-0492 or request an ONLINE insurance quote and Wayne McCormick will provide you:
Rate quotes from up to 40 nationally known auto insurance carriers (e.g., Mercury, Travelers, Safeco, etc.) with A.M. Best ratings of “A” or better.
Online access to your car insurance policy
Access to insurance savings for your home or rental property—even life insurance and wedding insurance!
Personalized help via phone anytime you need it via (619) 276-0492
In-person consultations at our San Diego Bay Park office (across from Mission Bay Park)
Ability to buy Mexico auto insurance and print your policy before heading south of the bord