Thanksgiving is over and that means we are in the middle of the Holiday Season. During the next 30 days, we will all be busy shopping, eating out and traveling. One of the most important financial decisions you will make is insuring your San Diego home. This important decision can’t be done on the internet in 7 minutes, because your home can go up in flames in less than 10 minutes and you might be left with a large un-insured loss. Having the right San Diego home insurance gives you peace of mind.
Christmas Tree Safety
- Make sure the tree is at least four feet away from any heat source, like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights.
- Make sure the tree is not blocking any exit or door.
- Add water to the tree stand daily.
- Never use lit candles to decorate the tree.
- Only used approved lights.
- Connect no more than three strands of mini string sets and a maximum of 50 bulbs for screw-in bulbs
- Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections.
(provided by the NFPA)
Home Safety Tips
If you are planning to vacation during the holiday, here are few ideas to consider:
- Get a security system.
- Trim landscaping that is too close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Cancel mail and other deliveries.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Have a neighbor check on your home.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock all doors and windows.
- If you gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
- Have adequate exterior lighting.
Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is standing by, ready to help you save on your homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance. Compare Your Home Insurance Rates with 40 Carriers in one call and SAVE!