Umbrella Insurance Myths and Tips
Now may be the best time to consider a competitive personal umbrella insurance policy. We live in a very litigious society, even close friends and family member can sue you if they feel you have injured them. Are you prepared to invest thousands of dollars to defend yourself and even pay damages? Most people are not, so, a personal umbrella policy may be for you. Remember an umbrella policy goes over your home insurance and auto insurance.
Personal Umbrella Myths
- “Personal umbrella policies cost thousands of dollars.” This is just not true, the average cost can be less than $250 per year, depending on your circumstances.
- “Only wealthy people need a personal umbrella policy.” Anyone can get sued, even if you are in the right, you still must defend yourself.
- “There are too many exclusions.” While every policy has exclusions, a personal umbrella policy covers what is covered under your primary personal liability insurance policy.
Why Consider A Personal Umbrella Policy?
- Accidents happen, and if someone is injured on your property, you can be held liable.
- The cost is much less than expected.
- Do not put your home and other assets at risk for less than $250 per year.
- A personal umbrella policy also covers defense expenses.
Call McCormick Insurance Solutions today to learn more and find out how we can increase your protection with an umbrella policy. To get started saving simply call Wayne today at (619) 276-0492!