A California Personal Insurance Update
With all the insurance advertising these days, it may be hard to fully understand how personal insurance works and how to actually get the best combination of coverage, price, and service. Let’s start with the fact that as an independent agent we have access to more markets, greater options and in most cases competitive personal insurance products.
With that being said, we offer personal insurance coverage for all your individual and family needs.
- ATV Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Boat & Marine Insurance
- Collector Car Insurance
- Condominium Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Mobile Home Insurance
- Motor Home/RV Insurance
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Personal Umbrella Insurance
- Personal Watercraft Insurance
- Rental Property Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Snowmobile Insurance
- Travel Insurance
Let’s get started with a number of questions regarding your insurance.
- 1. What is the best way to obtain a quote for my personal insurance?
There are many ways to get a competitive quote on your personal insurance. You can go to our website and fill out a quick quote form or call our office and talk to a licensed professional who can provide you with many options including; limits, coverage and deductible options.
- Why is replacement cost coverage so important?
Your homeowners insurance is designed to repair or replace your home and personal property that is burned, stolen, damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Replacement cost gives you the comfort that no matter what you paid for the item you will be able to replace it with a new item.
- Is flood or earthquake covered under my homeowners insurance?
No, flood insurance needs to be purchased under a separate policy. We recommend flood insurance to anyone living in a flood zone, close to water that has flooded in the pat or close to any water, or any river. Once a flood occurs there is a thirty day waiting period before any coverage can be purchased.
- Will my auto insurance cover my Uber driving?
No, if you drive your personal auto for Uber or any other taxi service, you will need a separate auto insurance policy. Also, if you rent your home on VRBO or other rental sites for side income, your homeowners insurance will not cover you. There are special insurance products for these kinds of risks; please call our office for more information.
- I drive my personal vehicle for company business as a delivery vehicle, do I need to make any adjustments to my personal insurance?
If you drive on company business on an incidental basis, there is no need to adjust your auto insurance. If you are in outside sales, all you need to do is let your agent know, and the policy can reflect the risk. If you drive your vehicle as a delivery service for your employer, we will need to make an adjustment to your auto insurance policy.
- I just got married, should I make any changes to my personal insurance?
If you have any kind of changes in your marital status your personal insurance will need to be adjusted. For example, if you get married your spouse will need to be added to your auto insurance. It would be best to combine your auto insurance policies into one for coverage for both of you. These are some of the life changes that could require insurance coverage updates.
- Changes in marital status
- Birth of a child
- Child in college
- Job change
- Purchase of new vehicle or other higher priced item
- Change of address
- Child over the age of 26
- Purchased second home
- Plan foreign travel
- Started a home based business
- Are there things I can do to save on my insurance?
There are many things you do to reduce your auto and home insurance. If you call our office, we can provide you with how these actions will positively impact your personal insurance.
- Review your auto and home insurance deductibles. According to the Insurance Information Institute, raising your deductible from $200 to $500 could reduce your Collision and Comprehensive costs by 10 to 15 percent.
- Combine your home and auto coverage.
- Ask for good student discounts.
- Have your agent shop your insurance to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Look for discounts. There are many different discounts offered by insurance companies. These include multi-policy, good student, and more.
- Keep your home well maintained.
- Replace your roof, water heater, and other major equipment when needed.
- Don’t purchase duplicate coverage.
- Don’t get speeding tickets.
- Consider the vehicles safety record when a making a purchase.
- Can my auto insurance cover anyone?
You can add family members of your household, but they all must live at the same address.
- Can insurance companies cancel my coverage for no reason?
Insurance companies cannot cancel your insurance except for nonpayment of the premium or for a material misrepresentation of information on the application.
Curious to know how much you could be saving!
Dial (619) 276-0492 and the Wayne McCormick Insurance team will help you get a comprehensive homeowners or renters policy that will meet your needs.