A San Diego Personal Insurance Update
If you think about it, there are literally hundreds of ways in which you can be injured, injure others, or incur damage to your property. From the time you get up in the morning to the time you go to bed, the risk is everywhere, and personal insurance from McCormick Insurance Solutions is there to help. There are many ways in which insurance can provide real protection for your family. It is important to have our team perform a no obligation personal risk review. We can then provide you with many options as to which coverage would be best suited for your individual needs.
Here are some of the risks you face every day and the insurance products that protect you.
Personal Insurance Risks
- “What happens if I trip down the stairs and I am injured?”
There are many insurance products that can respond to your injury including:
- Personal health insurance – we can design a personal health insurance program to fit your needs. Coverage can include medical, dental, wellness coverage, coverage for major surgery, and much more.
- Disability Insurance – If you are out of work due to an injury, disability insurance will provide income protection coverage for a specific period. It can include paid sick leave, short term disability benefits, and long-term disability benefits.
- “What happens if the wedding venue burns down two weeks before our big event?”
If you are planning a wedding, it may be worthwhile to secure wedding insurance. Wedding insurance can protect your investment in the event there are unforeseen losses. If your venue is damaged, the insurance can reimburse you for the costs.
- “A guest got sick after eating at my super bowl party. Is this claim covered?”
When a guest gets sick or injured on your property, your homeowner’s insurance can respond to the injured party. Most homeowner’s policies have coverage that allows the injured party to recover damages with litigation. If they get sick or are injured, it is important to have the security that the expenses will be covered.
- “My new boat was damaged while I was loading it onto my trailer. Now what do I do?”
Boat insurance provides a number of necessary coverage options for your boat and trailer. Boat insurance can include:
- Collision damage
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments
- Trailer coverage
- “I only have $500,000 of liability coverage. If I am involved in an auto accident and end up being sued for $1,000,000, what do I do?”
A personal umbrella by McCormick Insurance Solutions is intended to provide liability insurance over and above your personal auto liability and personal home or renter’s liability insurance. Adding extra coverage to your current policy could be a financial lifesaver to you and your family and would be worth the small additional cost.
- “I just graduated from college and rented an apartment, do I need insurance?”
Most rental managers will require renters insurance. Renters insurance can cover:
- Coverage for personal property
- Personal liability
- Additional living expenses
Renters insurance is similar to homeowners insurance or condominium insurance but does not cover buildings or improvements.
- “If I pass away, my spouse will need income to pay the bills. Can you help us?”
Life insurance can provide peace of mind in the event of the loss of a breadwinner. One of the most important benefits of life insurance is that you won’t be leaving your loved ones with debt. Life insurance can be used to:
- Replace income
- Pay off medical bills
- Pay off debt
- Provide for college for your children
- And much more
Term life insurance is the lowest cost type of life insurance you can buy. You can purchase term life insurance a number of years at a time and lock in the rate. Whole life insurance includes an investment feature that can accrue over time.
- “If an earthquake causes damage to my home, am I covered?”
Earthquake insurance is a policy that you need to purchase separately. Your homeowner’s insurance does not cover the peril of earthquake. California earthquake insurance can cover:
- Damage to your home
- Damage to personal property
- Loss of use
Living in San Diego, it is important that you have earthquake insurance on your home. It is also important to have a disaster plan for your family in the event of any natural disaster.
- I am considering becoming a rideshare driver to make extra income. Am I covered under my auto policy?”
If you are a driver for Uber or Lyft, you will need special insurance. Your personal auto insurance does not cover ride share risks as they are considered a business. The rideshare insurance is designed to fill the gap in coverage provided by your San Diego personal auto insurance and the commercial insurance offered by the ride-sharing company.
McCormick Insurance Professionals
Curious to know how much you could be saving?
Dial (619) 276-0492 and the Wayne McCormick Insurance team will help you get a comprehensive homeowners or renters policy that will meet your needs.