San Diego Personal Insurance
Summer is filled with many activities that bring your family together. However, nothing can turn a summer outing into a disaster faster than an accident or having your home burglarized while you are away. Your personal insurance can provide coverage for accidents that occur while you are on vacation, but there are limitations. We can make sure you have the best possible combination of coverage, price, and services for your personal insurance needs.
Your personal insurance program should include some, or all, of the following kinds of competitively priced insurance products. There are many benefits to buying all your personal insurance through one agency, including having one source for all your needs, bundling your home and auto for better discounts, and the ease of just calling one person for all your personal insurance needs. We are able to handle all your personal, business, and health insurance needs.
- Home or renter’s insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Personal umbrella coverage
- RV Insurance
- Watercraft insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Identity theft protection
Summer is an excellent time for burglars to make a living. Nonetheless, you can help reduce the likelihood of having a burglary. Here are a few facts that you should know:
- Burglars tend to avoid homes with security systems.
- There are over 2.5 million home burglaries each year.
- Households without a security system are 300% more likely to be burglarized.
- Most burglaries occur between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Home burglaries take less than 10 minutes.
- Sixty percent of burglars live within 10 miles of their targets.
- Twenty three percent of people store valuables in their underwear drawer.
- Forty percent of burglars enter through an unlocked door.
Here are some of the ways to protect your home while you are on vacation:
- Install a home security system.
- Always keep your doors locked.
- When away, never post your location on social media.
- While on vacation, stop your paper and garbage services.
- Tell your neighbors where you are traveling, and when you plan on returning.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed around entrances, windows, and walkways.
- Store grills and other items inside while gone.
- Increase your outdoor lighting.
- Keep blinds closed and inside lights on.
- Have someone mow your lawn.
- Ask a neighbor to park their vehicle in your driveway.
- Do not keep any spare keys outside.
Here are a few tips to keep you safe while traveling:
- Give a family member your travel schedule.
- Take only the credit cards you need.
- Advise your bank of your travel plans.
- Don’t pack expensive jewelry.
- Never show a large amount of cash.
- Make copies of all of your credit cards, identification information, and medical insurance cards.
- Wear sunglass if you are going to a sunny place.
- Make sure you pack your medications.
- Do not spotlight yourself as a tourist; most thieves find tourists are vulnerable targets.
- Don’t take expensive luggage.
- Travel with an anti-bacterial gel.
- Make sure your hotel has a safe, and use it to store valuables and cash.
- Drink bottled water.
- Know your physical limitations.
- Keep your hotel door locked at all times.
- Go digital by scanning your travel documents.
Get A San Diego Auto Insurance Quote Before You Hit The Road
If you are not sure how much auto insurance you need, we can offer help by provide you with a personal review and recommendations. At McCormick Insurance, Wayne McCormick makes shopping for car insurance easy. We’ll help you find the right San Diego auto insurance rates you can afford, because we can write preferred auto insurance for drivers with clean records and non-standard auto insurance for those waiting for their driving records to improve.
McCormick Insurance Professionals
Are you curious to know how you can save more by combining your auto and home insurance? (619) 276-0492. The Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is ready to serve you, and help you save on your auto, homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance