Ways to Save Money on Your San Diego Home Insurance
When looking for affordable San Diego home insurance it is important to request quotes from many insurance providers. As an independent agent McCormick Insurance Solutions shops your insurance on a regular basis in order to find the best combination of pricing and coverage.
There are at least three factors which determine the premiums our client pay. These are; location, home value, and personal property value.
There are a few things you can do to reduce your premiums, these are:
- Combine your auto and home together to receive “package” discounts
- Customer loyalty, if you stay with a company for a period of time, you can receive discounts each year.
- Consider increasing your deductible. The higher your deductible, the more money you can save on your premiums. Nowadays, most insurance companies recommend a deductible of at least $500. If you can afford to raise your deductible to $1,000, you may save as much as 25 percent.
- Improve home security. You can usually get discounts of at least 5 percent for a smoke detector, burglar alarm or dead-bolt locks.
- Central station alarms can also reduce premiums.
- Consider retro fitting your older home for earthquakes.
- Review your limits on personal property. If you had an expensive item ($5,000) and sold it during the year, you may want to consider reducing your coverage by that amount.
- Don’t buy unnecessary coverage. If you live on top of a hill, flood insurance most likely is not needed. If you don’t have expensive jewelry, you don’t need a jewelry floater.
Ask us about discounts. Some insurers offer special discounts for certain homeowners. This often includes retirees or members of certain groups. The insurer might not offer these discounts unless you ask about them. Avoid claims by taking precautions. By cutting down the dead tree in the yard or erecting a fence around the swimming pool, you can reduce the likelihood that you’ll have a claim.
Call McCormick Insurance Solutions today for more information on how to save on your San Diego home insurance.