Can you believe all the new innovations that are available for your San Diego home? Many new technologies can help you in the kitchen, help keep your home cooler in summer, and some even reduce your San Diego homeowner’s insurance premiums. Here is a recent quote from an insurance company, “If somebody has some sort of temperature-monitoring system in their house, we give them a discount for that.”
Here are a few technologies that will help keep your home safe, and will also lower San Diego home insurance costs.
- Security systems — It seems like everywhere you go, there’s a camera capturing images. If you own a smartphone or tablet, you probably have a camera that’s built into the device. You can not only secure your home, but actually see what is going on through videos.
- Electronic locks — Nowadays you don’t even need a key to get into your home! These electronic locks can add additional security to your home.
- Connected appliances — Appliances that you can turn off and on from your smart phone not only help with your lifestyle, but also keep your home safe.
- Leak detection systems — Smart homes can be controlled from your phone, and when connected to your home’s water and electrical system, can provide you with real-time updates on how these systems are performing. If you are using more water than normal, you will be notified that there is likely a leak present.
- Timed lighting — Having outside and inside lights come on during the evening while you are away deters burglars.
- Smoke and fire detectors — Having good detection systems keeps your family safe and insurers provide discounts for these.
- Home weather warning systems — There are weather warning programs that can detect high winds and identify severe weather earlier than ever before.
Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is standing by, ready to help you save on your homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance. Compare Your Home Insurance Rates with 40 Carriers in one call and SAVE!