Have you ever wondered why sports cars cost more to insure than other types of cars even when the purchase price of the sports car is less expensive? The following reasons show why this is the case. Remember there are a number of factors that determine the cost of your San Diego auto insurance. We can help you find the right combination of coverage and price for your auto insurance.
Auto Insurance Cost Factors
- Over 2 million car thefts occur in the U.S. each and every year. Aside from popular model cars, such as Honda or Ford, the biggest car theft category is sports cars!
- Some insurers refuse to insure sports cars, or have an age restriction.
- High performance car parts are often more expensive. If you are in an accident, getting the right parts is likely going to cost more than parts for a car that is mass produced.
- With extra power comes more risk, a word that will have your insurance underwriter thinking twice. Can the average driver go from safely commanding a 150 horsepower vehicle to one that has 350 horsepower?
- Sports cars and young drivers are a particularly bad combination when it comes to car insurance. It is estimated that a third of the total road fatalities in each year involve drivers between the ages of 17 and 25.
Are you curious to know how you can save more by combining your auto and home insurance? (619) 276-0492. The Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is ready to serve you, and help you save up to 22% on your homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance