Do You Know What Your San Diego Homeowner’s Policy Does Not Cover?
Have you read your homeowner’s insurance policy? The last thing we want for you is to have a loss, only to find out it is not covered. So, we hope you read your homeowner’s insurance policy to see what coverage you have. Personal insurance is not designed to cover every kind of event or claim; however, it does cover many perils to which you may be exposed.
Here are some items to consider regarding your Homeowners Insurance
- All losses or claims are subject to your policy deductible.
- Flood insurance is excluded from homeowner’s policies. You can purchase flood insurance through a separate policy.
- Collectibles — Without specific additional coverage, the cost to replace any of your collectibles may be far greater than the investment you initially made.
- Jewelry — If you own expensive jewelry you will need to add it under a rider with the full replacement value.
- Rental property — If you use your primary home for a rental, you will have coverage limitations.
- Watercraft — Your homeowner’s insurance does not cover watercraft over a certain length.
- Items left in your car are generally not covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Termites — To protect your home, you’ll need to invest in a separate termite protection plan.
Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is standing by, ready to help you save on your homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance. Compare Your Home Insurance Rates with 40 Carriers in one call and SAVE!