A San Diego Personal Insurance Update
The AMC TV show, The Walking Dead has captured the interest of many of us. It is one of the most popular shows on TV. While the chances of zombies roaming around an apocalyptic State of Georgia are remote, there are still many things we can learn from the show.
Depending on your coverage, chances are your homeowner’s insurance would cover a zombie attack. If you have questions about other catastrophic coverage like floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, or loss due to ice or snow, call our office.
So, what real-life lessons can our zombie-battling friends on The Walking Dead teach us? Here are a few.
- Plan for disasters by having a plan. Make sure all family members know how to get out of the house in the event of a fire.
- Stock up on non-perishable food items. It is a good idea to have at least a week’s worth of food in case you are stuck at home.
- Put together an emergency kit. It should include one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, a weather radio, a flashlight, batteries for your radio and your flashlight (plus extras), a first-aid kit, a whistle so you can signal for help, moist towelettes, garbage bags and ties (for personal sanitation), and a manual can opener.
- Have emergency contact information loaded in everyone’s cell phone.
- It is good to know that we do not have to worry about zombies for now, but there are many other disasters for which we need to be prepared.
Are you curious to know how you can save more by combining your auto and home insurance? (619) 276-0492. The Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is ready to serve you, and help you save on your auto, homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance