The FBI reports that in 2014 there were over nine million home property crimes in the United States. There are many things that you can do to protect your home from potential burglaries. Most homeowner’s insurance policies do cover loss from burglaries, but we know you would prefer not to have to deal with this situation.
San Diego Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance can insurance against theft. Home insurance protects your most important financial asset, your home. When most people think of damage to their home, they tend to think of fire. Well, there are many other kinds of accidents that can cause damage to your home that are covered under most homeowner’s insurance policies. Remember each policy is different and all claims are subject to the policy conditions.
Home Safety Prevention Tips
- Get a security system.
- Be careful with your trash; don’t toss out personal information.
- Stop your mail and newspaper when traveling.
- Limit landscaping close to your house.
- Don’t advertise your vacation on social media.
- Leave lights on when gone.
- Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
- Use a variable light timer to activate lights inside your home.
- Lock your doors and windows.
- If you are gone, arrange for your lawn to be mowed.
- Have adequate exterior lighting.
Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is standing by, ready to help you save on your homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance. Compare Your Home Insurance Rates with 40 Carriers in one call and SAVE!