2017 Personal Insurance Buying Tips
Now that 2017 is here, it may be time to consider reviewing your personal insurance program. Most people don’t take time to review exposures, options, or their current economic condition before making their San Diego personal insurance purchase. We want to help you, so we prepared these insurance buying tips for 2017.
McCormick Insurance Offers San Diego Insurance
Our independent San Diego insurance brokerage offers a full range of auto, home and life insurance and a variety of other insurance coverage needed to protect your property and your loved ones. One of the biggest advantages? McCormick Insurance Solutions in Bay Park has direct access to high quality A.M. Best rated “A” or better carriers in all lines of insurance.
- Don’t buy insurance through the internet – Call our agency and let us provide outstanding service along with competitive pricing.
- Review your auto limits – If you have limits of less than $100,000, that won’t even cover the medical bills in a serious accident. The minimum liability coverage that anyone with any assets or income to protect should be carrying is $500,000 to $1 million or more.
- Maintain a home inventory – Having an accurate account of your personal property can provide for greater recovery in the event of a loss.
- Bundle your insurance – Combine your auto, home and umbrella policies with one insurer to receive greater discounts.
- Set the right deductible – A higher deductible reduces your premium, but you have to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident. If you have a good driving record and haven’t had an accident, you may want to gamble and opt for a higher premium. The reward for this risk could be up to a 40% savings.
- Consider Identity Theft – Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S.
- Buy from a financially strong company – Your insurance is only as good as the company who stands behind the policy. The insurance company should have an “A+” rating or higher.
- Be prepared to make adjustments as your lifestyle and needs change.
Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you. Are you curious to know how you can save more by combining your auto and home insurance? (619) 276-0492. The Wayne McCormick Insurance team in San Diego is ready to serve you, and help you save on your auto, homeowners, condo or apartment building insurance